I was just about to use this photo for yesterday’s post….because with my NEW journal writing ambitions, it really is up to me to see the beauty of everyday things (see yesterday’s short Sunday sermon). But, I decided to wait and use this photo for today’s post. Why?…you’ll soon read why.
For today’s miscellaneous stuff, I wanted to share a post I read over a month ago. It was an awesome post that I saved in my “want to do” file. Connie at BASILDONKITCHENS listed 5 things that brought her joy. So here are mine:
- I find joy in wearing new socks for the first time!
- I find joy in sitting by my fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate!
- I find joy in sleeping in freshly laundered sheets!
- I find joy in having sisters to go on ‘Girl’s Weekend Getaways’ with!
- …and lastly, I find joy in having a husband, who takes the time to offer to go for a drive with me, just to be with me; and tells me to bring my camera, just because he knows me so well! I find joy in having a husband that keeps on the lookout for possible photo opportunities, like snow blowing off a roof…then waits patiently for me as I wait and wait and wait for the wind to gust so I can get a good shot of the snow blowing off the roof. (BTW, the gust never got as strong as when hubby originally got the idea for the shot…but hopefully you get the drift. Pun intended! :o) I find absolute joy in having a husband that sees the beauty in everyday things!
Connie also said this: “I find that my photography helps me see joy in little things everywhere. It’s the little things that sprinkle joy & happiness throughout the mundane of everyday.” …and I SO agree!
Have a great day! Do or learn something NEW…and I hope it brings you joy!